Monday, October 6, 2008

More Updatin'

I've been nearly banned again by all of the people who link to my "blog" so here we go:

I've spent the last month and a half domesticating the new dog, working, riding, and getting into trouble in general. Here are some recent anecdotes:

Trek did a demo day at Haw Ridge last Sunday. Lots of folks went out, and I got to ride a new Fuel EX with Abby and Boogy. That's an awkward scene - correction - I rode the bike, Abby rode her own, and Boogz just ran. We got back to the parking lot and I went for another lap with Jennifer Allison, giving her some coaching tips along the way. We had a fun time and Jennifer found her mountain biking nemesis: bridges (which she later conquered). We got back to the parking lot again and hung out with the stragglers. The nice thing about stragglers is that they are all there for the beer, especially Dave, who drank half of his weight in it. It's alright though, because it made him a lot of fun. Not more fun mind you, as Dave is always fun, just different drunk Dave fun. Other than that the only festivities were related to Rachel making fun of us.

I worked the last UT game against N. Illinois with the rescue squad. We actually got some calls in our mini ambulance (a modified mule with a stretcher mount on the back, lights, and sirens). The toughest one was an ETOH patient who was also hearing impaired and combative. We had to calm him down, package him up, and transport him to a full sized ambulance. I'm glad we got some excitement, because the people at the game didn't get any.

The weekend before we did the black bear rampage. It's a 40ish mile mountain bike race on the Tanasi trail system at the Ocoee. I did it last year and it was a hellish swampfest of persistent light rain. This year it was as dry as a bone and super fast. Gary Fisher showed up, and Floyd Landis was supposed to come but he got scared after he heard I was coming. I gt a free entry from the B.D. unit the day before the race; who could turn that down? It was a lot of fun although it was a bit tiring...

I've got nothing else. I'm going to bed.


2 comments:

ZaskarLE said...

"Boogie" spells his name "Boogy". "Techno" can confirm this with the latest butt sniff from him.

Derek said...

Corrected!

Dave spells his name Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayvuhhhhhhhhhh...